WordPress is currently used by millions of users. According to research, 90% of blogs are run on WordPress, and 28% of Websites in the world are using WordPress as CMS. Because of this reason, hackers and spammers are also taking an interest in breaking the security of the blogs. So we are making a review of best WordPress Security plugins for Bloggers.
Though WordPress is very secure by itself, nothing is 100% secure. Weak passwords are just one of many factors that lead to a website getting hacked. In this article, I’m talking about some best WordPress Security Plugins, Which will help to protect your blog from spammers and hackers.
Note: Always update WordPress plugin & WordPress itself to remove bugs and protect from. One more thing always uses Strong Password to add an extra layer of protection.
Best WordPress Security Plugin For any Website or Blog
1. All in one WP Security & Firewall
All in one WP security is a security Plugins for WP, it will work ideal for every WordPress website. Especially for newbies who don’t know advanced WordPress settings. The plugin is massive on brute force attack protection, helping you to combat the most common form of the website security breach.
- Robust Password tool to help in choose a strong password.
- Cross-site scripting (XSS) protection.
- Login lockdown protection.
- Brute force protection.
Securi is a full-featured WordPress security specialists, and as such, their free plugin is highly regarded and well worth downloading. Many professionals are recommending this. So it is the top one the best WordPress Security plugin’s list.
- It analyzes & reports to admin dashboard what change in the website by Activity Audit Logging.
- Continuous website scanning.
- Add DDos protection.
- If your website is listed in the blacklist engines such as Google Safe Browsing, Bitdefender, Norton, etc. Sucuri Security will assist you in removing it from their security blacklist.
3. Bulletproof security
Bulletproof security for WordPress website provides protection in majorly three area: Database, Login & Firewall. The main features of WordPress Bulletproof Security are OneClick setup. AITpro, the developers of the Bulletproof Security plugin, provides video tutorials as well.
- One click installation.
- Loaded all features for WordPress security.
- Regularly updates.
- Impressive user reviews.
- Ideal session expiration & Logout.
- Real-time files monitor.
Wordfence is one of the best WordPress security Plugin, which is trusted by millions of bloggers & web marketers. It regularly scans your website’s core files, theme & plugins, if they find any infected code then immediately notify the administrator of website or blog. It claims that after using this plugin, your WordPress website will be 50 times faster & secure.
- Bruteforce protection.
- Two-fold authentication via SMS.
- Block fake traffic.
- You can block any specific location’s traffic.
- Scan Posts & Comments for any malicious codes.
- Scan your WordPress hosting backdoor & C99, R57 as well as others.
5. Itheme Security
Itheme Security, a WordPress plugin formerly known as Better WP Security. It’s developers claim that in this plugin have 30+ way to protect WordPress websites from the different type of attacks. The main feature is that it tracks all registered user activity.
- Forced to open Admin area in SSL URL.
- Ban any specific IP for logging in.
- Force users to create a secure password.
- Scan vulnerable codes & notify administrators.
6. Google Authenticator
Google Authenticator a WordPress plugin, Which is used for Two-step verification or Two-step authentication. It adds extra security for logging into WordPress backends. When any user tries two logging in then, they send an OTP through SMS. The user needs to verify the OTP to logging & manage plugin. It also supports voice recognition & security key plugin in the USB port.
7. WP Security Audit Log
WP Security audit log plugin takes records (logs) of everything, what’s happened on your WordPress website. It also works on multi-site networks. With the help of this plugin, you can track your suspicious user activity.
- New users registration (by registration form or any other user).
- Failed login attempts.
- Changes in user profile like Password changed, profile update, User roles changed, Email addresses changed, etc.
- Uploads or Delete any files on your website.
- Users’ password changes.
- Users Create or Updates any Posts, Pages or Custom Post types.
- Users changing in settings like administrators email notifications, Permalinks.
- WordPress upgrade or downgraded.
8. NinjaFirewall (WP Edition)
NinjaFirewall (WP Edition) is the best security plugin for WordPress. Integrates into the site as deep as php.ini, monitors changes in file system, closes known backdoors and has many many other handy tools which make any WP site rock-solid in terms of security. At least in my case it helped to get rid of attacks entirely on several websites.
- Administrator login.
- Modification of any administrator account in the database.
- Plugins upload, installation, (de)activation, update, deletion.
- Themes upload, installation, activation, deletion.
- WordPress update.
VaultPress is a premium subscription-based WordPress Backup solution. Which is developed by the mind behind the WordPress, Automatic Inc. It scans and removes threads if found & automatically backup your WordPress on the remote location.
You can choose from two bundles, Backup or Security, or get both. The Backup package costs $9/month or $99/year, and the Security bundle costs $29/month or $299/year.
Notes – This pages regularly updated, so bookmark this. Only the plugin which is updated or maintained continuously is listed above. If we have missed any plugin suggest to us, comment below.
The conclusion – As website owners, we are responsible for the safety of our content. These are content that we worked hard to build and publish, so it makes sense to protect it as much as we can. Here I have completed my Best WordPress security plugin list.
All the plugins listed above are very helpful for bloggers as we as website owners add an extra layer of security to protect your WordPress. Some of the plugins above, I have used as well as suggested by many Pro bloggers. Share with us, if we have missed any plugin. Also remember that one of key WordPress security point is to have good and safe WordPress hosting.
If you find this guide helpful, please share it with others so they can secure their WordPress blog or website. If you are getting any type of error or need help feel free to ask me. Comment below, I will be happy to help you. Happy Blogging.