In this series, we are talking about WordPress Plugin List which should be on every Blog. All of them know why we use plugins in WordPress, In short upgrade or add custom functions in our Blog post. Some of them are Premium or Paid plugin. According to WordPress plugins repo, it has more than 67 000 plugins.
List of WordPress Plugin should have on each Blog:
- WP SEO by Yoast *
- Akismet *
- WPForms *
- OptinMonster *
- Google Analytics For WordPress By MonsterInsight
- Jetpack by WordPress.com
- W3 Total Cache
- Google XML sitemap
* These plugins are most useful, millions of websites already using this.
1. WP SEO by Yoast
It is the Heat of WordPress blogs. According to wp plugins repo, this plugin has millions of users. A plugin that will help to write awesome content and improve your search engine ranking. Some features:
- XML Sitemap generating automatically.
- Meta tag and meta keywords adding easily.
- Post optimization with SEO scores and its factors.
- Facebook Open Graph integration.
- Twitter card integration and Social media optimization.
- Much more
It is also an Automatic, Inc product, by the people behind the WordPress. Akismet prevents spam comments on the blog. Basically, Akismet tracking and if they the comment is spam then, mark comments as spam, send them for approval by admin. I have status and history of spam comments.
They have free and premium, both plans. Free for personal or blogs, but for commercial websites, you need to buy premium plans.
WPForms is developed by Syed Balkhi, the guy behind the Wpbeginnerr. It is Drag and drop, User-friendly forms builder. There are lots of professional recommended this. It has a free Lite version and premium version, I recommend you use WPForms pro. Some features of WPForms pro:
- Spam Protection.
- 6 pre built templates.
- Use custom CSS.
- Make conditional Logic form.
- Integrate payment gateway Like PayPal.
- File uploads on your WordPress forms.
- Email marketing options.
- Mailchamp, Aweber or other popular email list building integration.
- Zaiper Integration.
Email marketing is an important part of Affiliate marketing and getting Blog traffic. With the help of this plugin, you can turn your visitors into the subscriber. It can be integrated with any email service providers like Aweber, Mailchamp, Getresponse etc. No coding skills required. Some features of this plugin:
- Easily integration with popular Hosting Provider.
- A/B Split testing.
- Set Opt in form anywhere in your blog.
- Set cookies and duration.
- Many professional already using.
5. Google Analytics For WordPress By MonsterInsight
GAWM is formerly known as Google Analytics by Yoast. This plugin is very helpful and usable. With this, you can integrate Google analytics and fetch Google analytics data to your WordPress dashboard. So you will learn your visitors details like where they are coming from and what they are doing on your blog. Some features:
- E-commerce tracking.
- Downloads tracking.
- User tracking.
- Page views tracking.
- SEO Query keywords tracking.
- Most popular pages of your blog tracks.
- So on.
There are two versions of this plugins Free and Premium.
6. Jetpack by WordPress
Jetpack is a must-have plugin for every WordPress website. I also developed by Automatic, Inc people behind WordPress and the team. Jetpack is all in one solution wp plugin. With the help of Jetpack, you can secure your blog, take care of blog health, image optimization, Growth report, Traffic reports and so on. Jetpack is basically a set of tools. Some of there:
- Full site Back up and Restore powered by VaultPress.
- Stop spam comments (need Akismet).
- Publicize your post social networks.
- Images optimization by serving on WordPress.com’s CDN.
- Take care of your blog and their security like brute force attacks.
Thirsty Affiliates is an affiliate link management tool for WordPress. Many of the newbie’s blogger have affiliate links management problem so this plugin will very helpfull. Some features:
- Set all links as no-follow.
- Commission protecting affiliate link 301 redirections.
- Import affiliate links through CSV.
- Link shorting and clocking (Hide original links).
- Add link category wise.
8. W3 Total cache
W3TC is a caching plugin, which is used to compress and speed up your blog. Fast loading websites getting higher ranking instead of slow loading websites. W3TC has millions of user including us with this you can minify HTML, CSS, and JS. some features:
- CDN integration.
- Minifing CSS, HTML and JS.
- Compressed page generates.
- Fast loading site.
- So on. Read full review.
9. Google XML Sitemap
These plugins are used for Dynamic Sitemap generation. It generates XML sitemap, which is compatible to index in Google, Yahoo, Bing, AOL etc Search Engines. After creating new, this automatically updates sitemap and submit to search engines. If any one using wp SEO by Yoast then doesn’t require this. Sitemap generation is already included Yoast SEO.
10. Social Warfare
All of us know that social media have import role to getting high traffic on any blog or website. This plug has many with beautiful user-interface to get more share, and traffic on any blog. Some features:
- Social share count.
- Protected content (pay with a share to view).
- Most shared post on the sidebar.
The Conclusion – That the list of some important plug should have every blog. If you have any, feel free to ask me. If I have missed any plugin, let me know.