The world of cryptocurrency is constantly getting more complex. Today, in addition to bitcoin, there are a considerable number of alternative cryptocurrencies (altcoins). The most popular of these is Ethereum (commonly known as «Ether»).
Ethereum deservedly ranks first among altcoins. What makes ETH unique, according to Wikipedia, is as follows: «Unlike other cryptocurrencies, the authors do not limit the role of Ethereum to payments, but offer it, for example, as a means to exchange resources or register asset transactions using smart contracts. Ethereum technology makes it possible to register transactions with any assets on a distributed database of blockchain-type contracts without resorting to traditional legal procedures. This capability is competitive with the existing transaction registration system.»
Ethereum, like other cryptocurrencies, can be mined. However, this is a rather complicated technological process. For those who just want to buy ETH for the future or try to trade, the following list will help.
Table of contents:
EXMO is a very reputable site. To start buying here, you will need to go through the process of identification. You have to load your passport and specify your physical address. Remember that more control — more protection of your funds.
How to buy Ethereum on EXMO:
- Register at the EXMO exchange
- Go through the verification process
- Deposit your account in dollars using a bank card in the «Wallet» section
- Go to the «Trades» section and select an amount of ethereum you want to buy
- Press «Buy ETH»
Registration at EXMO
Coinbase is the best crypto-platform for buying Ethereum, headquartered in California. Users are required to undergo verification and document checks. Benefits include fiat withdrawals, including withdrawals to PayPal wallet.
How to buy Ethereum on Coinbase:
- Creating a Coinbase account;
- Verify Your Identity;
- Click «Buy Ethereum».
Registration at Coinbase
CEX.io is a UK-based exchange. However, this does not prevent it from accepting payments from credit cards from different countries. The exchange is also a reliable and profitable platform for buying ether, even for inexperienced miners.
How to buy Ethereum on CEX.io:
- Register on CEX.io;
- Go to the «Exchange» section and choose the amount of ether you want to buy;
- Click «Buy ETH».
Registration at CEX.io
Okcoin has been building the future of finance in the cryptocurrency market for years. It is one of the largest and fastest-growing exchanges in the world. Even an inexperienced user will get quality help buying bitcoin, ethereum, and many other crypto assets.
How to buy Ethereum on Okcoin:
- Register on the OKCoin exchange using your mobile phone or email;
- Pass two-level verification;
- Top up your account, which usually takes up to 3 days;
- Go to the section “Trade”;
- Enter the amount and price you need, then click “Buy”.
Registration at OKCoin
Coinmama is an excellent option for those who want to buy ETH quickly and reliably. Moreover, it has been a progressive exchange since 2013 that offered to buy cryptocurrency with a credit/debit card. Here you can pay in dollars or euros for Bitcoin and Ethereum and get them to your online wallet.
How to buy Ethereum on Coinmama:
- Register on the Coinmama exchange;
- Verify to buy or sell cryptocurrency;
- Get a cryptocurrency wallet;
- Select the required cryptocurrency and amount;
- Enter your wallet address;
- Choose a convenient payment method: credit card, debit card, or directly from your bank account;
- Verify wallet address and get your coins.
Registration at Coinmama
Kraken is another well-known online digital currency exchange service based in the US. The company has been successfully operating since 2013 and initially traded only in euros, bitcoins, and litecoins. Today, Kraken offers a variety of trading options and order alternatives for Ethereum.
How to buy Ethereum on Kraken
- Register on the Kraken exchange with your email address, username, and strong password;
- Verify your account;
- Pass the verification process “Identity check” and provide the necessary documents;
- Top up your account in the “Deposit” section or the “Funding” tab;
- Go to the “Trades” section, select the required amount of Ethereum and confirm the purchase of ETH.
Registration at Kraken
Kuna.io is a rapidly gaining momentum exchange. It was initially offered to buy and sell ethereum and bitcoin. However, it has now increased trading in the following cryptocurrencies, like Bitcoin Cash (BCH), Gold (GBG), WAVES, Ripple (XRP), and Stellar (XLM).
How to buy ethereum on Kuna.io:
- Register on exchange Kuna.io;
- Activate email;
- Go to «Assets» and fund your account in dollars with your bank card;
- Go to the «Trades» section and select the amount of ethereum you want to buy;
- Press «Buy ETH».
Registration at Kuna.io
Binance is the largest exchange globally in terms of the trading volume of digital assets, which was founded in 2017. Its low transaction fees and cutting-edge products are distinguished from other platforms. Moreover, it offers a comprehensive set of cryptocurrencies for trading and a support center where you can get help at any time.
How to buy ethereum on Binance:
- Create a Binance account;
- Go through the verification process;
- Select «Buy Cryptocurrency» from the drop-down list;
- Input your card details.
Registration on Binance.com
9. Friends and Relatives
You may be surprised, but try to ask your friends or close or distant relatives if they are engaged in mining in any way. Since bitcoins have become hard to mine, many people have been looking at Ethereum.
Bitcoin is just a convenient way to store and transfer funds. Ethereum, on the other hand, allows a much broader range of actions, like depositing, investing, giving in growth, lending, and so on. The terms «mining» and «cryptocurrency» entered the top 10 popular Google searches this year in the USA. Guess it’s not for nothing! Read about cryptocurrencies and blockchain technology. Maybe you will find many new things for yourself and your career.